*Job Location: Stuarts Draft, VA*
This position is responsible for improving workforce productivity and work quality by anticipating and eliminating potential delays through strategic planning and coordination of labor,parts and material and equipment access. Establishes all routine, preventive, predictive maintenance activities associated with new or relocated assets coming in to the facility. Establishes the initial and revised spare parts inventory for all plant assets. Responsible for maintaining records and files used for analysis and reporting of maintenance related matters. The position serves as the liaison between Maintenance and Production.
*Major Duties/Responsibilities: *
- Initiate, review and manage work requests.
- Analyze work requirements and determine materials, equipment and labor required (such as blueprints, tools, parts, and trades skill requirements)to complete the work effectively and efficiently.
- Responsible for removing nonproductive or reactive time from the maintenance workforce.
- Ensure that all planned maintenance work is readyto be performed with no delays. This includes the labor requirements for the execution of the work and ensuring all parts and specialty tools are kitted and available as needed.
- Stay abreast of production planning changes and modify the maintenance schedule accordingly.
- Establish a periodic work plan and review with the Maintenance Supervisor or MaintenanceManager for modification and approval.
- Ensure the established schedule is communicated to all plant stakeholders. Maintain a complete and current backlog of work orders.
- Examine the jobrequest, plan the job, and review with maintenance supervisor or trades employee.
- Stay abreast of all new capital or relocated assets coming in to or leaving the facility.
- Responsible forreviewing the historical asset documentation in SAP, or in the case of new assets review documentation provided by the Project Manager and establish all routine maintenance activitiesrequired to maintain the asset.
- Principal contact and liaison between Maintenance and Production and other supported departments.
- Ensure all internal customers receive timely, efficient and quality service.
- Helpproduction department balance their need for daily output with their need for equipment reliability through proactive maintenance.
- Keep the Maintenance Manager and supervisors informed ofabnormal or critical situations.
- The Planner is the resource in maintenance tools and techniques and will develop training material and train plant personnel on maintenance managementprocesses.
- Ensure all preventive/predictive maintenance activities are accurate and scheduled at their predetermined frequencies in order to improve efficiencies and reduce costs.
- Ensure PM/PdM documentation and required parts/materials are specified, written, procured and initiated for all new plant assets to ensure PM/PdM’s are in place prior to asset
- Ensure that the predictive data returned to the Plant for analysis is reviewed for issues needing further attention and that work requests are written accordingly.
- Review maintenance management system and perform analysis of the data as necessary to improve and enhance plant and facilities operations.
*Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required to successfully perform major duties/responsibilities: *
- Must possess or have the aptitude and ability to quickly develop an in-depth working knowledge of applicable Hershey processes, SAP, workflows, and procedures
- Ability to read schematics, drawings and technical manuals and understand complex equipment functionality
- Must be a self starter, detail oriented, highly motivated, and organized with the ability to prioritize and follow through
- Must be able to work in a proactive work environment, be an effective motivator, communicator, delegator, and trainer of people, and be able to effectively achieve results through others
- Sound understanding of Planning and Scheduling principles
- Show willingness to tackle new tasks and grow professionally as experience grows
- Experience with failure analysis and reliability methodologies and tools
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Education: Associates Degree from an accredited Technical College and 3 years experience or Journeyman's License and 5 years experience in troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of electrical, mechanical and facilities systems and equipment
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- Experience: Minimum of 3 years maintenance experience, preferably in food manufacturing or similar manufacturing experiences with a strong focus on mechanical and electrical maintenance planning
- Supervisory experience preferred
Any offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background check results consistent with The Hershey Company's employment policies. Background checks may include, but are not limited to the following: education verification, employment verification, criminal check, social security number verification, and / or drug test.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, Veteran Status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected category recognized by state and federal laws.